I’m just going to have a little giggle and pretend that my list of 10 things I intended to accomplish in the summer wasn’t really a thing. I’m going to take a do-over, okie doke?
10 things I intend to accomplish this fall (and they’ll all be much easier things because a) I’m tired, b) fall is hella busy and c) I’m tired)
- Get some new family photos taken. My pixie-cut-growing-out days are behind me so we can all celebrate with a photo shoot.
- Paint our kitchen. This is one of those “royal we” jobs that really won’t involve me beyond the paint-chip aisle at Home Depot because Mike insists that I’m the worst painter ever.
- Listen to more audiobooks and podcasts. Now that my commute belongs to me and only me, I can listen to whatever I want. And, spoiler alert, it’s not Sharon, Lois and Bram. So far, it’s included this and this.
- Go on a monthly date with Mike. Even if it’s something completely free. I just need to get out of my house with my husband occasionally.
- Make some new fall-inspired recipes, including slow cooker cider, toasted pumpkin seeds and a pie of some sort. One of my favourite things about fall is the ability to bake and not melt in the process.
- DIY the kids’ Halloween costumes. Soon they’ll be too old to let me do this so I gotta make hay (or costumes as the case may be) while the sun shines (before the snow flies?). This metaphor went nowhere fast.
- Get all of the fall yard cleanup chores done before the snow flies. Sometimes the first snow doesn’t happen until Christmas so I’m not feeling superrr rushed.*
- Start planning our 10th anniversary trip. It might be a long weekend road trip, it could be a week on a beach. No idea.
- Host friends for a games night. Because we like our friends. And games are fun.
- Craft some new Christmas decorations. Because I just wouldn’t be me if I weren’t always thinking one season ahead.
*Now it’ll be my fault if we get a foot of snow in October, won’t it?