Vegan cosmic cookies from Organic Earth Market, but homemade by me with a recipe conveniently found on Pinterest. Simple, healthy, filling, delicious.
The most delicious herbal tea I have ever had: Yogi Green Tea Citrus Slim. It smells like grapefruit and tastes so, so good.
Just finished the latest book club read: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham and quite enjoyed it. I’m sure it’s better if you’re a Gilmore Girls and Parenthood fan, which I am.
Exposing our kids to new foods. Last night, we had homemade Chinese food and to make the meal a little more special, I picked up four fortune cookies at Bulk Barn. They loved the meal and the fortune cookies were the perfect reward for being open minded and trying something new. Next step: Chopsticks!
Do you have a bucket list? I don’t. I have plenty of things I’d like to do this year, in the next five years, before the kids are grown, before I die. General goals, but not on a timeline.
I don’t really like thinking in those terms. We don’t know how much time we have. If I think too much about that, I get wigged out. Which is exactly why I wouldn’t want to see a psychic. I wouldn’t even want the suggestion of what may be. I’m happy with not knowing. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
Without the confines of deadlines (which is weird because my day job literally is DEADLINES), here are some things I’d like to do one day:
- Go camping. A lot.
- See Europe with Mike, specifically Norway.
- Visit every Canadian province.
- Swim in the Pacific ocean.
- Get another, more meaningful tattoo (my first was in my misspent youth and while I don’t dislike it, it’s more frivolous than thoughtful).
- Sing karaoke.
- Go on an all-inclusive vacay with Mike (which we’re planning on doing next year to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary).
- Visit a medium.
- Volunteer in my community.
- Be a better vegetable gardener.
- Climb a mountain.
- Go on more than one girls’ getaway that involves flying somewhere.
- Learn to crochet.
- See some more concerts, including but not limited do Dave Matthews Band, Third Eye Blind and a Destiny’s Child reunion.
- Write a book.
- Watch my kids excel at whatever extracurricular they’re passionate about.
- Learn to take better photos and to use Photoshop.
- Go on a yoga retreat.
- Donate blood annually.
- Be student loan and mortgage free.
- Reno the kitchen.
- Create and maintain a real bullet journal.
What’s on your list?